Booths is a successful chain of high end supermarkets operating in the north of England since 1847.
Further to the organisational restructure and further growth of the business, Booths wanted to equip their managers with the skills to increase their commerciality, maximise their team performance and anticipate and meet customer needs.
The restructure focused on creating new instore management teams.
bespoke management development
Further to spending time in the business and drawing on RedSky’s considerable experience of working in the retail industry, they designed and delivered a bespoke management development programme for store and warehousing managers.
The programme focused on the key skills which would enable managers to develop a high performing, commercially focused management team. Workshops included:
The programme consisted of:
- A series of one day workshops
- Participation in group coaching
- Completion of a learning log
- A personality profile report
- Achievement of personal objectives
The one day workshops include:
- It’s all about me: Being an effective manager
- Confident conversations: How to get your message across and achieve great outcomes
- Coaching as a way of life: Developing and achieving through others
- On the same wavelength: Influencing others to gain buy in and agreement
All the workshops were linked and the techniques and themes built throughout the programme, enabling managed to develop and build their skills and confidence to manage more effectively.